Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Full-On-Panic-Mode. Or near enough.

I hate revision. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I wish it was a physical thing that lived on my desk so I could stab it and not just hate it. It doesn't help that Radio 1 is currently on "Revision Week" so I can't listen to the radio without feeling ridiculously guilty for not revising.
And on top of that when I do finish revising, it never feels like enough and I feel guilty for that as well. And I feel like I'm not panicking enough about the exams and then I panic about not panicking enough and it's just stupid.
All this boils down to "I hate exams and I hope they go through a black hole and then get squeezed out the other end somewhere else in the universe in a horribly mangled state". There are worse fates and I will probably write them all down. Am I slightly mental for imagining torturing revision? Maybe. Probably. But that's what it does to you.

Speaking of mentality, I do actually think I may be cracking slightly. Yesterday I was at home with my sister and I heard the doorbell. Perfectly normal, blah blah blah, but my sister didn't hear it so I look out the window to see who could be at the door. No one there. Fine, they probably just went away.
Later on, my sister isn't in the house and I'm upstairs in my room. I hear a knock on the door and (remembering what my parents have said about not answering the door etc.) stand on the landing, kinda hidden behind a banister. I see a shadow on the floor but no one through the window to cast the shadow.
And then even later on, I hear the house phone ringing but that actually was ringing so that wasn't too freaky.
So, am I going crazy? Am I already crazy? Is this a sign from my mind that I've bypassed safe crazy, gone past GO, collected whatever I need to and gone straight on to Crazy Town, Crazyville, Mars? Feh, if that's the case, it's mildly enjoyable. I'll just wait until I become an axe-wielding maniac before worrying about it. First, I'd need to find an axe.



P.S. Yeah, Sky, I was kinda thinking of XKCD when drawing that. I think there may be a comic like that somewhere early on in the archives...

5 comments:

  1. Is crazy still a compliment when you are literally going crazy? xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOO, NOT REVISION AAAHHH
    I hate that guilty feeling before exams.

    I always hear the phone when it's ringing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewwee ewwee ew ew ew I hate revision. Then you do some. Then you stop and feel guilty. Then you do more. Then your brain hurts and your eyes fall out of your head.
    I know the feeling. It's like when you game too much and then it really hurts and you stop. Then you start again because you like it too much - except the other way round, so the gaming bit = no revision, and the stopping bit = revision. Make sense? No? it did in my head...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ew ew ew ew ew get all this revision stuff off of me D:
    I'm sorry, Shortay...
    But I bet you're totally insane. That would be epic. I've always wanted an insane biffle =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you were crazy, I'd be happy because I could say that I know a mental person! xD
    And, ugh, I HATE revisions and tests.
    OH MY GOSH MATH EXAM TOMORROW-- **vanishes**

    ReplyDelete

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you.